Markstein, a creative communications agency, seeks a seasoned PR professional to join our growing team as an account manager to serve our diverse mix of public and private sector clients.
As an account manager, you will work alongside and manage a dynamic and experienced team on complex communications and marketing campaigns while navigating high-stakes situations and evolving environments. A successful candidate will bring proven expertise, innovative thinking and an ability to juggle multiple projects, industries and clients at once. You will excel at building and maintaining client relationships. You will be passionate about growing business.
We live our values daily – our team is open minded, purposeful and engaging in everything we do.
We fiercely support our team – discover more about our company culture on our Instagram page.
We work hard and WIN – learn how, as an account manager, you’ll help unlock opportunity for Markstein’s clients.
- Lead client accounts, managing project workflow, support strategy and advisory recommendations
- Manage client relationships, serving as the primary point of contact for the agency
- Demonstrate excellent writing when crafting internal and client correspondence, communications plans, press materials, new business proposals, etc.
- Display strong presentation and client relationships skills
- Set achievable goals and tasks and consistently measure goal progress and achievement; recommend and use research and analytics as key performance indicators
- Understand the agency’s data analytics and reporting tools, and communicate, at a high level, the capabilities, benefits and results achieved
- Lead by example and demonstrate strong work ethic, mastery of PR tactics and excellent interpersonal skills
- Commit to continuous learning and building technical and leadership skills through ongoing professional development and training
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies and trends; demonstrate understanding of how they integrate into marketing communications strategies
- Stay abreast of industry news and changes to make sure clients adapt appropriately
- Track and monitor project financials (e.g., budget vs. actual)
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with Markstein’s values
- At least 5– 7 years of relevant experience in communications or public relations, preferably in an agency setting
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university
- Familiarity with public relations and/or communications best practices, tools and tactics
- Ability to manage large projects and understand clients’ business goals and objectives
- Ability to provide counsel and act as daily client contact for multiple clients simultaneously
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Possess superior written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and manage assignments and competing deadlines
- Proven track record of successful client management, including budget management
- Ability to hold self and team accountable for performance
- An entrepreneurial spirit, can-do attitude, and strong desire to collaborate with subject matter experts across Markstein’s practice areas
- Experience with communicating project performance, measurement and analytics
- Ability to provide internal and external leadership, make sound decisions and know when to seek senior counsel
- Ability to handle sensitive issues, negotiate and solve complex client problems
- Demonstrate poise and confidence in high-stakes situations with senior-level executives
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Markstein prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Markstein conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.