If you have a mind for problem solving, a love of storytelling, a drive for results, a curiosity for policy, a spirit that thrives in crisis and are slightly obsessive about organization and creating real impact, you might be the next member of the Markstein team. Markstein is an integrated communications agency headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, with a Washington, D.C. office, and we are actively seeking a passionate associate to join our dynamic team. We strongly prefer candidates with at least two years of professional experience – three would be even better – in public/media relations, marketing and/or public affairs. Our energetic team of self-starters work collaboratively in a multi-faceted and fast-paced environment.
- 2-3 years of professional communications experience
- Intellectual curiosity and strong problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated go-getter with a positive attitude
- Experience working with the media including pitching
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Deadline-oriented and shows initiative to take on new tasks and projects
- Desire to understand client objectives, bring creative solutions, and pivot quickly when needed
- Commitment to excellence and delivering results
- Team player
- Understand clients’ businesses and industries to inform insights and recommendations
- Support team members in the development of project plans, client deliverables, proposals, etc.
- Correspond with clients and manage client projects and initiatives
- Develop media approaches and pitch local, national, and trade reporters
- Coordinate with vendors as needed
- Research target media, influencers, industry organizations, issues, positioning opportunities, etc.
- Organize and manage events and promotions
- Monitor client success metrics, analyze research data, and evaluate trends
- Assist in new business opportunities
The Markstein team is currently working from home. Exceptional candidates from geographies outside of our office footprint will be considered. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Markstein prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Markstein conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
To apply, please send your resume to [email protected].