This critical role is to effectively supervise the financial affairs of the agency and to support agency operations.
- Reports to the CEO and contract VP Finance
- Reporting to the Controller are accounting staff
Education and Experience:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, economics or related field
- 7+ years of experience
- At least 5 years of agency accounting experience with a strong emphasis on management accounting
- Experience with Advantage software strongly preferred noting strengths not only in the accounting modules but also the project management and media modules.
- Ability to communicate important financial matters in a creative environment
- Achieves the timely recording of all transactions and the preparation of all financial reports.
- Manages client billing, both media and production.
- Manages monthly closing. Controls the flow of data into general ledger.
- Prepares monthly balance sheets and company profit/loss statements, client profit & loss reports, employee productivity & efficiency reports
- Maintains all agency accounting records including the key month end balance sheet reconciliation;
- Bank reconciliations
- Accounts Receivable sub-ledger maintenance
- Work-in-Process; Unbilled time, Unbilled Production Costs and Unbilled Media Costs
- Accounts Payable sub-ledger maintenance
- Deferred Sales maintenance
- Accrued Media Order reconciliations
- Assists in the preparation of all audit/review, as needed.
- Acts as primary point of contact for the outside accounting firm.
- Ensures that media payments to vendors are reviewed, verified, and approved.
- Maintains adequate controls of receipts and disbursements.
- Ensures that the agency’s cash flow is adequate to meet its commitments.
- Prepares special reports and performs studies as directed by the CEO and leadership team.
- Supervises external audits requested by agency clients.
- Protects corporate assets through sound treasury & accounting policies and procedures including insurance coverage.
- Contributes to corporate strategy and operations including:
- Management of cash and other investments;
- Maintenance of bank relationship;
- Receipt, custody, and disbursement of the company’s monies and securities; and
- Credit and collection management in a timely fashion.
- Obtains monthly projection of revenue from Chief Strategy Officer, prepares annual and monthly expense forecasts upon which management decisions can be based, such as:
- Accuracy of year-end forecast; and
- Appropriate budgets and budget directives.
- Works with the Chief Strategy Officer and account managers to track and institute plans for all financially under-performing accounts first, then all accounts through monthly advance billing reconciliation and retainer review
- Administers tax strategy.
- Administers all payroll, benefit and insurance-related areas.
- Agency financial goals are met.
- Audits/reviews reveal competent accounting practices.
- Annual budget and quarterly update responsibility
- Agency operations run smoothly.
- Financial performance to exceed industry standards