Markstein, a creative communications agency located in Birmingham, Ala., is seeking an agency professional with 2-5 years of internal agency project management experience for a project management role. This role will be a liaison between internal departments helping to ensure projects stay on schedule. Successful candidates will be self-starters who thrive in a highly collaborative, multi-faceted and fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate loves to bring order to chaos, never misses a deadline and understands that great workflow is a thing of beauty. They will remain cool and calm while managing projects and deadlines. Daily responsibilities include working and problem solving with team members from functional areas across the agency.
Experience with Advantage/Webvantage is a significant plus.
In addition, experience with digital campaigns and website projects is a plus.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Schedule and structure projects to facilitate on-time production of all agency deliverables, primarily creative and digital.
- Meet with functional area leaders and account managers to learn the status of existing projects and details about new and upcoming projects.
- Provide project status updates to account teams, including current and future timelines.
- Facilitate workflow and interdepartmental communication to keep projects on track.
- Assist in estimating for cross-departmental agency projects.
- Coordinate with vendors and partners to complete projects and obtain estimates.
- Coordinate purchase orders and third-party purchases such as stock video, photos and music for creative projects.
- Maintain production standards and evaluate creative assets for production best practices.
- Prepare production estimates based on briefings from account executives and account coordinators, and meetings with production artists.
- Obtain competitive quotes on outside buys from a range of quality vendors.
- Issues purchase orders for all outside buys for client projects.
- Supervises scheduling and work performed by suppliers (freelance artists, copywriters, printers, photographers, etc.).
- Verifies that all material is properly signed off/approved by account executive and client.
- Coordinates with media manager to ensure publication material deadlines are met.
Qualifications and Skills
- Agency experience strongly preferred
- Proven track record of project management experience and/or team/department leadership experience including experience working with multiple teams
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- High level of organization
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Detail and solutions-oriented
- Strong work ethic
- Above average computer skills including MS Office Suite software, especially Excel
- Experience using Advantage/Webvantage and/or Monday.com preferred
- Professional conduct within and outside office while conducting agency business
The Markstein team is currently working remotely. Exceptional candidates from geographies outside of our office footprint will be considered. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Markstein prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Markstein conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.