Markstein is seeking a research data and analytics coordinator with two to four years of experience to join our Birmingham, Alabama-based team. Our ideal candidate is a detailed oriented, data-driven, organized and digitally savvy individual with the ability to work across multiple digital platforms to build reports, dashboards and data visualizations that communicate meaningful campaign metrics for our clients and internal teams.
The candidate must have experience pulling and analyzing data to identify performance trends, recommend optimization improvements and inform strategic decisions. The ideal applicant should be capable of identifying key performance indicators (KPIs), assessing data trends and deriving actionable insights to help build strategic communication plans. Utilizing our online research and reporting tools, the candidate will work cross-functionally with the digital, creative, project and account management teams to perform critical research functions and communicate performance.
Agency experience is preferred but not required. All applicants should be a strategic, independent, self-motivated professional, capable of adapting quickly in a fast-paced environment. This is an active, hands-on role that requires someone who enjoys solving complex challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Marketing Analytics, Business Analytics or a related field
- Experience with data analytics platforms, including Google Analytics, Adobe Omniture, etc.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Excel, creating pivot tables, pivot charts, advanced formulas, dashboard reports, etc.
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI, Domo, or a similar data visualization platform
- Analyze campaign performance and A/B tests from an omni-channel perspective, including website analytics, email marketing, social media, public relations, etc., using Domo
- Experience creating, using and interpreting UTM tracking codes for data capture and analysis
- Comfortable with a broad range of client types
- Understands the role of reporting in successful communications strategies
- Highly detail-oriented and well organized, able to balance and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Takes ownership of projects from beginning to end and manages time effectively
- Thrives in an energetic, team environment; highly collaborative and collegial
- Thinks critically and conceptually
- Create, maintain, and deliver meaningful KPIs and business dashboards at all levels, including executive summaries and detailed channel performance reports
- Act as an end-to-end product owner for digital analytics reporting platforms
- Analyze website, SEO, email marketing, social media and public relations data in order to report on the performance of sites and campaigns
- Integrate digital platforms (Google Analytics, ActiveCampaign, Gravity Forms, Social Media, WordPress, Cision, TapClicks, etc.) to derive actionable customer insights
- Create actionable, standardized reports to compliment the reporting suite by breaking down conversion in actionable KPIs across the agency
- Support business development through research and preparation of presentation content
- Analyze and interpret online and offline data to identify opportunities and trends, and provide actionable recommendations to support campaign and customer experience improvements
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, media agencies and implementation partners to ensure smooth execution of integrated marketing plans and data analysis
- Build ETL data pipelines for dashboard automation for internal business usage and our marketing partners.
- Input time daily
The Markstein team is currently working remotely. Exceptional candidates from geographies outside of our office footprint will be considered. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Markstein prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Markstein conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.